Celtic

Celtic

среда, 8. јул 2015.

Intervju: Raimondo Gaviano, Svart1 (Italija)

Svart1
The artist is present. So it is in music Raimondo Gaviano, the person behind the name Svart1. In music combines the mysticism of the East in a collision with the tradition of the West. About the new plans, the music we talked with him in our interview..
 



1. Why the name Svart1? When did this project?

Raimondo: Absolutely yes! I was in a bookstore in Tübingen and was looking in a dictionary the Swedish term for dark or black and I found the term Svart, I liked also because over the discourse of the last three letters for the first two showed me a path that well also clarifies my approach to life; on the one hand the "s" in which you express all that is soft, round and comfortable support while the letter "v" is the exact opposite; rough, sharp and edgy. This explains the mystery .... then the talk of the number is only a requirement arose from the fact that the times were when I enrolled on Myspace I could not use the name Svart (as in Sweden, Norway, there are hundreds of groups doom, hard and death metal they use this term).


2. Your musical direction is Dark ambient, industrial, ritual dark ambient. What has influenced you create such music? 

Raimondo: Do not call myself a musician although from 6 to 11 years as many kids whose parents liked to classical music, I found myself having to follow the piano lessons. I have always been near a radio or a Hi-Fi since childhood (just for the passion of my parents); what I did, however, bring to the genre that currently produce is a clear reference to a field of music that is usually defined as absolutely far from sound Industrial; I speak of acid house and a song especially for the output Trax Rec. ie Acid Tracks Phuture. When I heard I was literally thrown into another dimension (and still is so, and I'm not ashamed absolutely). The use of drum machines, the TB-303 or 808 was a discovery for me immense and finally understood why dell'astio against the piano! Obviously then listened to several other songs that influenced my path. All the pieces that did not, however, merely drew me (as well as the world of the club but for the age I could not even attend!) To a particular artistic inclination that is what for me is essential for the kind of music I like to do that is, the absolute ignorance of academic musical ability and the absolute necessity of a predisposition to use what was analog and digital time. Let's say that my approach to the music I make is a move away from the music itself, or at least all those that made me hate when I was little. Later I came in contact with other genres of music but very occasionally but by chance and just as it was, my wanting to be ignorant approached me before to some punk bands, and from there was a short step to recognize (at least from the point of view sensitive) to the classics (mostly for SPK, Clock Dva, FSOL, Coil, Asmus Tiechens and visually to Viennese Actionism). Only later I discovered the world of the Cold Meat (which I consider absolutely essential, however, at least until 2002-2003) especially for the discovery of Dark Ambient Peter Andersson and Galakthorroe Family Arafna. Today is actually my plays are extremely sparse, mainly because my work I undertake daily and perhaps also because I am working more on the visual aspects of the creation; in summary listening Techno much of Prologue (especially Claudio PRC), some groups of German Label [+ aufnahme Wiedergabe], as well as some productions a small Romanian Label (Mask of the Slave Records) and of course at least in my opinion the most interesting project that is the European Noise uncodified; over these plays now I'm really into Die Selektion, Strafe Für Rebellion, Bloody Minded, All Seits, Kevlar Unit, House Corrections to a small Swedish label (Northern electronics) to Croatian TEHOM the Venetian Zbeen but also some work Becuzzi, and in particular the work of Altieri, Becuzzi and Balestrazzi "In Memoriam JG Ballard" I find it wonderful example of "titanic suite post-industrial" citing Michele Guerrini or Deison and Candor Chasma "Antimatter Circles" intensive work bi-dual remarkable expressive power while in the field longer tied to the styles Dark Ambient New Risen Throne and to a lesser extent Vestigial and Urna.
But beyond these examples a speech deserves from my point of view the remaining Italian music scene, or at least some attitudes. Just returned to Italy of course I tried the labels that should publish my work and despite a thorough search of the maximum response was that "it was not run." Precisely for this reason I find myself now rather distant not only by the labels (which I understand prospettino to themselves a destiny greater than mine) but in general except some examples also from the scene of the Italian groups that, I find, is in some cases quite "refined" and "self-congratulatory" as well as linked to aesthetic aspects in which it seems to me that the '"aesthetic" is still represented as the object itself, rather as a relationship between "subject-object". I also started a very interesting collaboration with Solimano (TSIDMZ) especially for Eurasian artists concept and also with LCB (Giovanni Mori) and Gianluca Becuzzi.
3. The first excellent album Satanische Helden is followed by a second album Ardat Lili even better. In your music has a lot of mystique, criticism of the system in which we live. Do you think music can fight against the politics?
Raimondo: I think that my music or maybe my focus is to have a political view. My point of view is againts USA, Israel e in particular Zionism. “Satanische Helden” trilogy starts to redifine the middle-east image; Is the place where everything starts and I hope that if nothing change I hope that will be again the place where everything ruins to start again.
Starting from this idea Europe and the Islamic world had many points of contact in the Middle Ages. The main points of dissemination of Islamic knowledge to Europe were Sicily and Spain, especially the city of Toledo . In Sicily but also in Sardinia (the place where I live), following the Islamic conquest of the island in developed an advanced culture Arab-Norman, exemplified by rulers such as King Roger II, who had poets, scientists and soldiers Islamists in his service.
During the eleventh and twelfth centuries, many Christian scholars traveled to Muslim lands to learn the science rooms. From the eleventh to the fourteenth century, many Europeans studied in centers of higher education in the Islamic world to study medicine, philosophy, mathematics, cosmography and other sciences
Also important for my Satanische Helden trilogy is the Muslim Philosophy ideas. From Islamic Spain, the Arabic philosophical literature was translated into Hebrew, Latin and Ladino, these translated works were of great importance for the development of modern European philosophy.
Im really interested in Ibn Sina (that will be my focus for  third SH chapter). He founded the school of philosophy called Avicennism, who was very influential in both the Islamic world and in the Christian. It was an important commentator of the works of Aristotle, not sharing parts of thought, especially with regard to logic. The main significance dell'Avicennismo Latin was the interpretation of the doctrines of Avicenna, such as the nature of the soul and its existence and the essence of the distinction. His work was the subject of heated debates and various complaints in Europe.
4. Collaborate with many artists (TSIDMZ, L.C.B., etc.), together publish albums and performed at each other. What are your experiences and would you share with our readers?
Raimondo: I appreciate so much the collaborations that I am putting in place in recent years. All the musicians I have worked with have been very useful for my personal research and music but also in certain moments to create a strong link that despite being virtual is certainly present. In this context I would like to recall that Solimano considered very close friend to my way of thinking and disposed with respect to the political affairs of the world. here in Cagliari are lucky because there are a lot of artists and musicians who have a good preparation but like all small towns and in many cases among the populations that have bastardized over the centuries, there is a strong reluctance in trying to get rid of selfishness and jealousy and honestly I keep a little bit away from all these stupid human things.  


5. You are a member of Eurasian Artists Association. What does it present for you?

Raimondo: It means only one thing for me. “against the modern world”.
As I said before, the relationship with Solimano began thanks to Eurasian Artists Association. In short I think it's something asolutamente necessary in these years. Deriuva a capitalist, a binding European destinies Americans and Jews who do not consider it absolutely harbingers of happiness for Europe. The concept of Europe that I want is to a union in the cultural diversity that has always done anyway be European and in which Russia is absolutely integral part.
6. Where can buy your albums?
Raimondo: www.svart1.altervista.org is my own web site where you can find all the label with which I came in these years. Mainly in Romania (Valse Sinistre and Mask of the Slave), Bosnia (Mrtvaja records). Germany (Skull line, Industrial Culture, Tesco, [aufnahme Wiedergabe +]) England (Cold Springs). In Italy I think my works are available on Final Muzik.  
7.  What are your plans for the future? Maybe a concert in Serbia?
Raimondo: It will be a great honour to have a gig in Serbia. I played in Croatia and Bosnia . Serbia will be the final date of ex Yugoslavia tour ;) 
8. And in the end what to tell the readers in Serbia?
Raimondo: Stay Serbians! 
 


 

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар